SEXTING – “the use of a cell phone to send sexually suggestive text or e-mails with nude or nearly nude photos.”
Think of the END before you press SEND
- Most teens that send sexually suggestive photos and videos or messages are sending it to boyfriends/girlfriends.
- Sexting can be hurtful to others and destroy relationships.
- Sexually explicit messages and photos are often shared with people other than the person who it was meant.
- If you forward a sexual picture of someone who is under 18 years old, you are responsible for this image as the original sender. You could face child pornography charges, go to jail, and have to register as a sex offender.
Things to Think About Before Pressing “Send”
- In cyberspace – anything you send or post will never truly go away.
- It is going to become public.
- Anything that causes you to do something that makes you uncomfortable, even in cyberspace should always be avoided.