Connecting and facilitating ministry relationships is one of the blessings of Student Ministry Essentials, Inc. Let CONNECT launch your ministry to the next level!
Student Ministry Essentials will find, screen, match, train and place high quality, ministry impassioned college and seminary students into your church!
*Already serving in Student Ministry? Join our monthly cohort and learn powerful strategies, exchange ideas with others and enjoy great fellowship!
What describes your ministry situation?
- Volunteer run youth ministry looking for full summer or part-time semester staff.
- Full time Student Pastors looking for summer expansion staff/interns.
- Part time Student Minister looking for ministry assistance.
One of the blessings of Student Ministry Essentials is to help facilitate relationships between college or seminary students and the local church. We call this ministry initiative CONNECT. Connect exist to recruit, screen, match, train and place high quality, ministry impassioned students into the local church !
THE CONNECT ministry initiative has four main target groups.
1. Volunteer run youth ministries looking for summer or semester part-time youth staff.
2. Full time Student Pastors looking for summer expansion staff/interns.
3. Students pursuing youth ministry as a career vocational calling.
4. Students who want to GIFT a summer of ministry to a church that cannot afford a youth minister.
Consider the THREE “T” BENEFIT
1. TIME: We save the church and the connect candidate hours and hours of searching, screening and preparing for an impactful part-time ministry experience. Because of our database that represents hundreds of churches and students from several colleges and regions, the recruiting and matching process is accelerated. Other time saving benefits include candidate and church screening with a background check, reference check, skill set evaluation and profile matching for best fit ministry. The time and energy you save can be redirected and invested in other ministry matters demanding attention. After the church and candidate meet it is your prayerful decision to pass or proceed towards a call to ministry service.
2. TRAINING: Before a church receives a connect staff, we provide training and a ministry manual to assist in accomplishing highly impactful ministry. In many cases, our students have been raised in healthy student ministries and are eager to apply their enthusiasm and positive experiences in your ministry. In some cases, a student might have been saved in late adolescence or not afforded a positive youth ministry experience. In such instances we take their calling and lack of positive experience and weave our strategies and expectations into their training. For summer placements, prior to arrival on your campus, every candidate will attend a practical training weekend that will prepare and commission them for an awesome period of ministry success. Students who arrive during the semester will be included in the annual pre-summer training weekend. The weekend is packed with strategies, concepts, guidance and instruction gained from over thirty years of youth ministry. From proven old-school strategies to the latest cutting edge concepts, we enjoy a highly successful track-record in training students to reap the full potential of their kingdom calling. Our, process works and can help you navigate towards an exciting and impactful experience.
3. TEAM: Our participants are recruited and screened into a cohort after placement. Since cohort participation is required, students reap the benefit of collective discovery, insight and networking while sharing strengths and weaknesses regarding ministry application in their specific ministry setting. The cohort approach provides students with the opportunity to build ministry relationships that provide collaborative and constructive feedback. This is typically a half-day session that provides a monthly mentorship platform between myself and connect staff. This approach allows us to remain involved with the student during his/her ministry term and tethered at their comfort level on into their future ministry during and after college preparation.
Having a veteran Student Ministry Mentor maximizes the opportunity for successful ministry while reducing the risk of the church giving or receiving an accidental black eye.
Data shows that youth ministers who do not have a mentor in the first two years of ministry are four times more likely to quit or experience ministry failure in less than four years.